- Financial abuse is sometimes called economic abuse
- It often involves someone using money in ways that hurt you
- Financial abuse can include many other things, like stopping you from getting a job or forcing you to get loans you don't want
- Financial abuse can be a form of domestic and family violence
- If you or someone you know is experiencing financial abuse, you can contact 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or through the online chat
- The 1800RESPECT Financial Abuse Support Toolkit explains what financial abuse is, what it feels like, and next steps when you are ready to reach out for support.
- If you are requiring financial assistance please go to the UnitingCare website who administer the Escaping Violence Payment. The Escaping Violence Payment program (EVP) is available to anyone who is experiencing violence from their partners. More information here.