- Financial abuse is sometimes called economic abuse
- It often involves someone using money in ways that hurt you
- Financial abuse can include many other things, like stopping you from getting a job or forcing you to get loans you don't want
- Financial abuse can be a form of domestic and family violence
- If you or someone you know is experiencing financial abuse, you can contact 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or through online chat
- The 1800RESPECT Financial Abuse Support Toolkit explains what financial abuse is, what it feels like, and next steps when you are ready to reach out for support.